Monday, February 16, 2009

we were in hibernation, okay?

We know, it's bad. We've neglected our blog. We've probably lost our few, faithful followers, but we've come up with a new strategy: write more. Okay, but seriously, instead of only posting on momentous occasions, we will now settle for the mundane, just like everyone else's blog. That may have been a low blow, but seriously, why do parents blog every time their child sneezes?If they can write about ANYTHING, we're going to adopt that policy too. (Did that sound bitter, it wasn't supposed to)

And in case you hadn't noticed, the blog got a facelift, courtesy of cutest blogontheblock.com. And since the last post, we've lost and gained a roomie. Out with the Anna in with the Brittany! We miss you Nan. 

As socialites in Annapolis, it's our common place to comment on current events around the city:

  • The new Shoppers, in our opinion, is definitely worth checking out. Less like a scary warehouse, more like a slightly cheaper version of Giant. GREAT international section, closest to our house, and YES a Redbox. 
  • Did you know: Kohl's is coming in where Value City was...we have mixed opinions on it, hopefully it will spruce up that crappy shopping center. 
  • Latest neighborhood hate crime: our new roomie's windshield was shattered last weekend, we told her it was just a hazing thing we do to all our new roommates...but she didn't think it was funny. But seriously, some punk kid jumped on her hood and kicked it...bummer. 
  • Out of consideration for the longevity of great stores in Annapolis, we implore you to go buy things from Anthropologie... 
  • In the spirit of supporting local business, go buy things from Oz Consignments, and you may see some of our old things there :)

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh, that sucks about the broken windshield! That happened to me when I first moved to Pittsburgh. I tried to convince the cop it was a hate crime because I had Ohio plates. He was not amused.

Glad to have you back to blogging!
(and I need no further motivation to shop at Anthro. I mostly need someone to keep me out of there. Good thing ours is about 1/2 hour away!)

Anonymous said...

1. Sooooo glad you're back!
2. I went to Shopper's and saved 21% ... not as good as you, but so close!
3. I will, and I DO, buy from Anthropologie. No encouragment needed here! :)
4. Love you all!!!!
5. Love, Heather